Our Enhanced Infection Control Measures
January 2021 Lockdown: Face-to-Face appointments to continue as per "new-normal"
During the Prime Minister's press conference, and in the additional details that followed, he encouraged us to attend medical appointments as normal and cited this as one of the allowable reasons for travel / leaving the house.
We will therefore be continuing to operate as "new-normal" over the coming weeks and months and therefore look forward to being able to continue to provide face-to-face Specialised Physiotherapy to our wonderful patients.
First and foremost however, the health and wellbeing of our Patients and Team is of fundamental importance to us.
We are therefore taking every precaution necessary to ensure that our Practice is a safe place for us to work in and for you to be treated in.
We are constantly looking at every aspect of our service and every point of our patient's journey with us, making changes wherever necessary.
Just some of the actions and measures...
In addition to our already stringent hygiene and infection control procedures, some of the measures in place include:
- Continuing to provide video appointments alongside face-to-face sessions
- All our Team are symptom and temperature checking before their workday
- Screening all our patients 24 hours before each and every appointment
- Asking all Patients to wear a mask to their appointment
- Controlling access to the premises and providing alcohol hand sanitiser to all patients on arrival at the Practice
- Temperature checking all patients immediately before their appointment
- Staggering appointment times and allowing for buffer time between our appointments to reduce social interactions
- Social distancing signage and reminders throughout the Practice
- Removing magazines and the water cooler from our reception area
- Intensified infection control measures in the treatment rooms and gym
- Using all the relevant and approriate PPE (your Physio will be wearing at least a mask and apron)
- Thoroughly cleansing and alcohol wiping all necessary surfaces before each and every appointment
- Changing our equipment use policies
Rest assured that the health and wellbeing of all our patients and Team is our primary concern.
You can help us by heeding government advice...
Current Government and NHS Advice
Please do not attend your appointment if you:
- Have a temperature
- Are experiencing a new persistent cough
- Have recently lost your sense of taste or smell
- Have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with, or suspected of having, COVID-19 / Coronavirus
If this is the case, please call us to rearrange your face-to-face appointment. We will still be able to help you with a video appointment